DEVON AIR AMBULANCE TRUST
Welcome to our website. We hope you will spend some time and take a look around. We’d love to know what you think. Why not contact us now?
We are an independent charity, funded by and for the people of Devon, to provide Helicopter Emergency Medical Services and critical transfers.About Daat
WHAT'S ON Oct | More
Did you know that we have a YouTube channel? We’re pretty new to making videos but we hope to add more as time goes on. In the meantime here are three of our favourites:
In the first six months of 2014 12% of our airlifts were to under 18s. Our film talks to mums of our younger patients.
Daisy is one of our younger volunteers. Find out why she volunteers, what she finds rewarding and why she thinks others should get involved.
Freya decided she was going to do a skydive to raise funds for us and thank us for airlifting her grandad
In the first six months of 2015 ...
- We assisted 415 patients
- We were busiest between 12pm and 1pm and the busiest day of the week was Sunday
- 39% of our patients were female and 61% male
- 9% of our patients were under 18 years old
- 49% of our incidents were medical related
- 49% of our incidents were trauma related (ie accidental)
- 59% of medical incidents attended were cardiac related
- 35% of all trauma incidents we attend are Road Traffic Collisions
- 20% of trauma incidents we attended were sports related and of this 61% were Equestrian incidents
- 25% of our patients were taken to a specialist treatment centre, by-passing the closest hospital
- 9% of the incident locations we attended were inaccessible by road
25% of the patients we conveyed were flown directly to a specialist treatment centre, by-passing the closest hospital
A. Medical = 49%
B. Trauma = 49%
C. Inter Hospital Transfers 2%
9% of patients were not accessible by road