Will your business be celebrating a 25th anniversary next year? Maybe you have a 25th wedding anniversary or you’ll be 25 years old?
On its birthday this year Devon Air Ambulance will be launching its ‘Say it with Silver’ campaign, looking for anyone celebrating a 25th next year to get in touch and pledge support to raise funds for the Charity.
Heléna Holt, CEO of Devon Air Ambulance said “On 27 August 2017 we will be celebrating 25 years of service to the county. Why not get involved? You don’t have a 25th celebration next year. You could help us celebrate ours by putting on your own fundraising event. For example you might decide to do a mile of silver coins or a silver themed party.”
“Please get in touch now and register your interest. Or if you would like more ideas of what you could do to help celebrate why not request one of our fundraising packs? We’d love to hear your ideas and the Charity can also help with publicity posters and promotion via its website and social media.”
The charity will be holding its own celebration party on Saturday 9 September with something for all the family; from live music, cooking, food and refreshments, to your Air Ambulances (subject to operations) and an emergency services demonstration featuring our colleagues from the Fire Service, Police and Ambulance Service. Oh and did we mention cake?!
Twenty Four years of history:
- In 1986, 18 year old Ceri Thomas was involved in a fatal collision, whilst out on his push bike. A road ambulance took him to hospital, but sadly he died later of his injuries. Ceri’s mother Ann asked the doctors at hospital if there was anything that might have been done to save her son. She was told the quicker a patient receives emergency medical treatment, the better chance there is of survival. On 27th August 1992 the Devon Air Ambulance Service went into operation
- August 2004 - new generation EC135 helicopter arrived
- 2004 - celebrity Jennie Bond went into the jungle in ‘I’m a Celebrity Get me out of Here’ and raised a phenomenal £263,000 for the Charity
- April 2005 - second helicopter was launched, flying 5 days a week from a base in North Devon
- 26th September 2008 - new EC135 G-DVAA- was launched, going into service a week later
- 1 September 2013 GDAAN flies its first mission
- 2015 - Community landing sites and night flying was announced
- Early 2016 – Lottery membership increases to 37,000
- 30 August 2016– the Charity launches its ‘Say it with Silver’ campaign to celebrate its 25 years of service in 2017
- In October 2016 night flying will commence