We have recently received calls from members of the public and supporters about a team of ‘Air Ambulance’ canvassers operating in the Devon area. These canvassers are offering a will writing service in exchange for a charitable donation. Some callers were under the impression that they had made a donation to Devon Air Ambulance. We would like to take this opportunity to clarify that these canvassers do not represent Devon Air Ambulance Trust nor will any charitable donation be received by us.
Devon Air Ambulance Trust is proud to be a member of the Fundraising Standards Board meaning we have made a public promise to adhere to best practice and be honest and transparent. In order that our supporters can give with confidence we pride ourselves in providing clarity and being fully accountable.
The Charity has gone one step further and released a ‘Supporters Promise’ which states:
- We do not share or sell any of our supporters’ data
- We treat our supporters as we would wish to be treated ourselves
- The only mail we send out is our Helipad magazine three times a year to keep our supporters up to date with our activities and local interest
- The only door to door or ‘at the shops’ sellers we authorise are for our in house lottery
- We do not employ third party companies to ring our supporters asking for more or to cold call