DEVON AIR AMBULANCE TRUST
Welcome to our website. We hope you will spend some time and take a look around. We’d love to know what you think. Why not contact us now?
We are an independent charity, funded by and for the people of Devon, to provide Helicopter Emergency Medical Services and critical transfers.About Daat
WHAT'S ON Jan | More
Did you know that we have a YouTube channel? We’re pretty new to making videos but we hope to add more as time goes on. In the meantime here are three of our favourites:
In the first six months of 2014 12% of our airlifts were to under 18s. Our film talks to mums of our younger patients.
Daisy is one of our younger volunteers. Find out why she volunteers, what she finds rewarding and why she thinks others should get involved.
Freya decided she was going to do a skydive to raise funds for us and thank us for airlifting her grandad
During a 6 month period last year:
- We have been deployed to 534 incidents
- We have treated 431 patients
- We were busiest between 2pm and 3pm and the busiest day of the week was Sunday
- 35% of our patients were female and 65% male
- 12% of our patients were children under 18
- Cardiac conditions are the most frequent reason we are called to assist a patient suffering from a medical problem
- Road Traffic Collisions are the most frequent reason we are called to assist a patient suffering from trauma
- Equestrian incidents are the most common sport/leisure activity we are called out to.
24% of the patients we conveyed were flown directly to a specialist treatment centre, by-passing the closest hospital
A. Trauma = 48%,
B. Medical = 51%,
C. Inter Hospital Transfers 1%
12% of patients were not accessible by road